Friday, January 26, 2018

Memories and More Layout

I really must make more time to catch up on some scrapbooking!  I think everyone who is a scrapbooker says the same thing to me too!  One way to get lots of photos in albums quickly is to use the pocket page system from Stampin' Up! called Memories and More!  You can very quickly slot a lot of photos into the album in order and then go back, embellish your pages and do the journaling when you can.

As with the layout I have to share today I like to do a combination of traditional scrapbooking and Memories and More.  I still get to be creative on my main page, but the second page is really just  made from some pocket cards and scraps from the main page so it gets done very quickly!


I love to add clusters of embellishments!  If I had spread these items around the page they wouldn't have had the same impact on the design as they do all grouped together.   Just a tip.....I punched the starburst from the mat underneath the photo to avoid wastage!


It is easy to jazz up the Memories and More cards if they are not exactly the same colours as the layout you are working on simply by adding a punched shape and stamp!


To create this card for the pocket I used a piece of Marina Mist cardstock, and diamond patterned decorative mask and a sponge to create my own background, a strip of washi tape and you have a custom card!


I die cut the amazing word from silver foil to make sure that I had the repetition of silver on both sides of my layout, and it really suited the word and made it stand out as an important detail!


A simply piece of designer series paper behind this clear Memories and More card really makes it pop!


Finally to create a balanced design make sure you use repetition, whether is be colours or textures.  A bit of black on each of these pages made the layout flow and really finished it off!


Scrapbooking Global - Stampin' Up! April 2024 Sketch Blog Hop

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop for April 2024 There is nothing I love more than a good scrapbooking sketch to g...